Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First sun allergy

I try to keep up with my blog, since I had some "complaints" about my loooong post the last time .. :P

Last Thursday, I hurried back home after work to pack my stuff and meet a 'stranger' for my ride home. In Germany, they are known as "Mitfahrgelegenheit", it's like pre-arranged carpool/hitch-hiking thing, where you can look for people online that drive a certain route and look for passengers. It was my first time and the girl, I drove with was very nice, we had a good talk and the 4,5h drive didn't seem that long any more.

On Friday, my schedule was jam-packed, I had brunch in Düsseldorf at Café Schwan, which was nice, but the price-quality-ratio was only okay, especially compared to Café May in Hamburg. Café Schwan had less choice, it was not arranged that nicely and the price was a little higher. Therefore, the area (Altstadt, near the Rhine-promenade) was more appealing! Afterwards, we went strolling around the promenade, where it's all about seen and to be seen, which is a thing that I dislike about Düsseldorf .. mostly it were younger women with older men, accessorized to the max with Chanel handbags, Gucci shoes, big jewellery and far too much make up. Later, I went house-viewing, since my friend just build his first house very close to where my parent's live. I like his taste and his kitchen is gorgeous - white, simple, yet modern - without any knobs or handles. I forget to take pictures .. I will catch up next time once it's ready and he has his bar installed ;-)
Düsseldorf, my other home ..
For the rest, my Easter weekend was very low key. After the fully planned Friday, I was pretty beat. I tried to relax most of the times, although I woke up early every morning, was bored and struggling with my sun allergy. I hate it! Every year when the first sun comes out, it hits me and I get a rash on both arms and it itches like crazy - just because I spent a little too much time outside .. I will try to plan nothing in the weekend, which is hard for me, since I hate wasting time and doing nothing is wasting time for me, but I think it will help me relax more and make me more fit for the week ahead .. let's see if I can resist! ;-)
Sam's Easter basket
I am looking forward to May, since it's my favourite month of the year, since the weather is most enjoyable, flowers blossom the most beautiful and there are the most public holidays - at least in Germany (since it's a rather religious country)! Also my cousin is going to marry and I will be one of the bridesmaids, which means there are a lot of things to look forward to. I will be also planning the bachelorette's party (it will even be a weekend), so that will be even more fun ..
We got the dresses made in Hong Kong in a very nice lilac color and I can't wait to try them on .. now I am challenged to find the perfect matching (and comfortable) shoes and maybe even handbag within a month. I just found these .. what do you think? yes or no? gold or silver?
That's it for now .. I will catch up on some series .. I hate online streaming by the way .. any tips to watch with a better quality for free and legal, let me know!

Happy short rest-week ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment