Sunday, January 23, 2011

First week

My first (work) week was extremely long and tiring .. I really have to get used to it. Finally I will have more routine life, but the days are looong .. I normally got up before 7am and this week the earliest I was back at the B was 8pm. On Tuesday I finally got my PC and could get started with basic administrative stuff and looking at reports. On Wednesday I got my phone and the only things missing now are my SAP-logon and a laptop for meetings etc. (and of course my necessary knowledge). Every day I got more tasks to work on and got taught even more things. Yesterday I even got private lessons from my colleague/superior/boss. She really takes good care of me and makes sure I’m not overwhelmed. Plus, she doesn't treat me like an employee and is very considerate. She will be on holiday next week, so she and I want to make sure that I have some tasks, things I can practice on and have appointments with people I have a lot do with in the future.

Other than work, I have been viewing some apartments and pre-arranging things for it (like applying for forms, comparing furniture/household appliances). I also bought my first hair dryer today and I must admit that I partly picked this one because of the fancy box :P

My fancy-packaged hair dryer! :)

No, but I wanted to have a small travel dryer that can be fold-away and the others were very ugly .. I know some of you may shake your head now, but I will test it first! ;-) Most of the apartments I have seen I didn’t like at all – a lot looked run-down and not taken care of, had an odd smell or there was something else I didn't like. Last Saturday I have actually seen one, I really liked, but I still wanted to check out some others to avoid an impulsive decision. Anyway, after seeing all the disappointing apartments, I signed the contract to my first own apartment TODAY! :) I am very excited .. can’t wait to start renovating and furnishing and decorating it! If everything goes according to plan, I can move in mid-February. 


Today is my only free day of the week and I will just RELAX! If I’m in the mood, I will go to the harbor and take some pictures and do sightseeing (now I’m new, I can still do it), before I bring my new DLSR camera that is still at home. This is also my plan for tomorrow:

Magazines to catch up on to
I have brought a lot of magazines and a book to read here (normally I only read, if I’m bored or can’t fall asleep) and up until now I haven’t found the time to read any of them. When I get home, I just want to sit comfortably and watch TV while having “dinner” (which is either bread or unhealthy).


Enjoy your Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on signing & finding an apartment! Enjoy your free day & hope it's not too cold up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have the Lonely planet for HH ;-) But now, you have more time to skype with me, I am really happy we talk more often. Distance does not keep us away from each other =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need, Connie gave me a Wallpaper* City Guide today! :) TTYS!

    ReplyDelete