Saturday, June 25, 2011

First 5 months, 5 accomplishments, 5 things

Can you actually believe that it has already been 5 months since I have started my first job (and this blog)? Instead of continuously complaining, I decided to start positive (for a change) and list my top 5 accomplishments so far

1. Moved in to my very first apartment - it's almost completely furnished ..
View as of today
2. At work, I can do more things independently with a higher quality and concentration rate and have my own dedicated working areas.

3. Got a teeny tiny salary raise after 3 months ..

4. I resisted myself from buying the Gucci wallet, mentioned here (very, very hard!) instead I got me a Gucci scarf and the iPhone4 :)
I ♥ my new iPhone!

5. Finally went to the Hamburg Fischmarkt - ate fish at 8.30am in the morning and bought a lot of fruit for a steal!

Really worth it if you want cheap fruit, veggies or flowers!
---
Instead of some blabla .. I'll just end this post with my 5 things:
  • Cooking! Last weekend I have been cooking a lot with a Thai friend, learned some tricks and will actually try out tonight with friends.*
Pastries (from the shop), home-made phad thai, red curry with duck, veggies with beef and seafood platter
*We spent so much time preparing, rolling and especially chatting until it was almost 3am, that we only ended up with Vietnamese summer rolls
  • Fresh mint - nothing beats fresh mint tea!

  • Photography - I HAVE to get up my a** and give a little attention to my baby .. it has been hidden away in my closet for too long. I plan on taking pictures at the Außenalster on Sunday, since there will be many sailers.

  • Summer - the weather forecast for Hamburg reaches its peak next week! Maybe I can pick up on swimming ..
See the weather forecast from Monday on?
  •  Rest! Yes, it's actually 4am now .. I am looking forward to finally sleeping in again ..
Happy, happy weekend!
 
Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. ~ Jacques Prévert

No comments:

Post a Comment