Sunday, August 7, 2011

Goodies

Mission accomplished! 
Of course I got stuck in traffic jamS on my way back home last week .. As always, before I even leave Hamburg, I get stuck in front of the Elbtunnel - this time for about 45-frickin'-minutes and then shortly before Düsseldorf (work traffic), which made me arrive after my dad's afternoon break. But I went straight to his work and kinda jumped out of the wardrobe and he was surprised! It was everything he wished for - to have the family together on his birthday. After work we toasted with champagne and had mango cake, I picked up earlier from the Torii Bar at Hotel Nikko in Düsseldorf. The weekend was the usual, having drinks, food, did some shopping and actually waitressing at the restaurant! People are very generous at the end of the month ;-)
Pic bf having drinks, birthday cake & champagne, Naniwa in Düsseldorf
This time, I had been craving for Naniwa's noodle soups, which is probably Düsseldorf's most famous Japanese noodle soup place. People actually queue in front of it - in all weathers! The noodle soups are huge - and they even add more veggies and an egg - for free, but you have to ask for it! Also the gyoza (dumplings, see r.a.) is very good there.
Queueing for food, which is very uncommon in Germany!
On Monday, I went to Maastricht and had dim sum with my granny and in the evening BBQ with the family, which turned into an entertaining night with guitar music, cake, people of 40+ doing the split and all kinds of liquor (..)
BBQ at grandma's - my dad's cake looks like a kids' cake!
Cute wine glass holders!
I got stuck into traffic on my way back - again on Tuesday afternoon - where do all the people come from??? This time it was an hour .. I hate waiting! Nevertheless, I get to know interesting (and less interesting) people on my ride! Soon I will have to give up the car and do everything by public transportation, bike (I don't really think so) and by foot again.

***
I love goodies from the US or Canada, to be exact! This is what I got from my aunt Stella (thx!):
Goodies from Bath & Body Works and MAC products
My sis, however, got the best goodie of all - an iPhone4!
And she got me my favorite haribo! 
White gummy bears! ♥ - 1kg of it!
Lately I have been trying out more functions of my phone and I facetimed with my family, which was hilarious! I also figured out how to use my personal hotspot, which can be so handy!
So funny, especially my grandma on the iPad and on the left my uncle eating noodles!

Closing week is here again next week, so it will be stressful, but on Friday there will be a department outing to a high wire park outside of Hamburg. Perfect ending to a busy work week!

PS: all iPhone pics again ..therefore the crappy quality!
PPS: almost ready for my fashionable post ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. Oohh love the facetime pics & want to see even more!! Send me some please?

    xo

    ReplyDelete