Sunday, January 16, 2011

First blog

I have decided to start blogging - in the first place to keep my family and friends updated about my life. My last year 2010 did not start off very well; it was rocky and stressful, especially in the summer period when I was writing my master's dissertation. But in the end, I had the best December and ending of a year ( - ever, if I dare to say). I accomplished many things within one month, which made me very happy - I graduated in the most beautiful church in the Netherlands, I went to Lisbon (Portugal) for my birthday with my sister and I got offered a job in Hamburg, where I am right now.

Here’s a little recap of my last year in pictures .. when browsing through them, I realized that I haven’t taken many pictures in Q1, but the later in the year, the more pictures .. (click on the pictures to get a larger image):

Q1/2010 in Utrecht
Keukenhof, Lisse

Queen's Day in Amsterdam

Stockholm, Bavaria, Utrecht - May

Málaga, Spain - June

October

Finland, Estonia & Latvia - November

Eventful December
-

This year (well, the first days of this year) has been quite busy as well. I was very happy that my best friend visited me, I had a little party to celebrate my graduation and birthday from December and to celebrate me getting a job and moving away. Here is a last recap of this year so far:


January 2011, part I


2011 is going to be a very exciting year for me, starting my first real job in a new city, new environment, looking for my first own apartment, etc. and I hope I can share some interesting stories with you.
Tomorrow will be my first day at work and I can't wait for my new life to start ..



Greetings from Hamburg!




3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to see your update about the new life in Hamburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blog-world! i love all the pics! can't wait to see and read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures with beautiful memories of the past year! Btw, nice to see the pics made at your party too ^_^

    ReplyDelete