Monday, January 17, 2011

First day

I was back at the B (for bed, not B&B since it doesn't include breakfast) at 9pm, since I somehow managed to take the wrong bus .. twice! I was really pissed off and felt so stupid .. especially because I was starving and started eating my groceries in the bus, but then got nauseous because the bus driver was speeding ruthlessly. Finally, in the "right" bus, there was a drunken, smelly man right behind me. I know, I am spoiled being used to having a car in Germany, but I just wanted to get "home" after such a long day - I spent almost 13 hours outside the B! After work I went to see an apartment - it was a collective viewing, which means everybody who saw the apartment ad on the internet could just go there unannounced and view it. When I got there, about 20 people where in front on me, which made me feel so frustrated, since it made me realize that apartment hunting in Hamburg would be so hard and exhausting. And the apartment wasn't even nice - at all! However, I've actually already viewed an apartment last weekend, which I'm quite fond of. Now we are still in the negotiation phase, so keep your fingers crossed!

Anyway, my first work day was fine, nothing special .. only some basic introductions and I met some of my colleagues (only men!). Tomorrow will be more interesting, since I will
hopefully get a computer, phone, etc. so I can get started! Oh btw, this is the view from my current office (yes, I can see the Hamburg harbour from my desk)!

The green tower is the famous clock tower of the HH harbour!

Unfortunately, I learned today that we will be moving to another office in 2-3 weeks, where I can not enjoy this beautiful view any more, but I'm here to work - not to look outside the window!

It's getting late and I have to get used to going to bed early (I normally go to sleep around 2pm). This was my work outfit btw. (sorry for the bad shot) I don't think I will be posting one every day and I doubt I will blog every day as well ;-)


(Zara shirt dress, Zara cardigan, H&M tights, leather boots,  Zara belt, Burberry watch, Sfera earrings)  





One more thing .. my cousin's daughter was born today. In Chinese, I'd refer to her as my niece. Can't wait to meet her. Congrats to Wally & Joyce with their beautiful daughter. Isn't she the tiniest and cutest little thing?

Welcome to the world, Kirsten!

Goodnight from Hamburg!






No comments:

Post a Comment