Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bye, bye July!


How can it be that I'm so inflexible? After my gym workout last week, I had muscle ache all over! For two days I had muscle ache in my neck - never thought that was possible. After one week I still had sore arms! Now I’m too lazy to do anything. My superior is currently on vacation (as are many other people) and I didn’t think it would be so busy for me, since the HQ had a lot of urgent last minute requests – even on a Saturday. Crazy Dutch people ;-)

Other than that my internet and telephone broke down right before the weekend and the technician didn’t come before Monday. I can't survive without internet, but luckily I had my iPhone, which I can depend on. So I spent the time with old movies on my laptop, like 127 hours or The Wall Street. On the corner of my house, there's video rental store, which I never thought, I'd step foot in, but I did last time when a friend was visiting and it was cold and rainy and uncomfortable all weekend. This weekend would have been the ideal opportunity to go again, but I just noticed that they shut down! So I started my SATC marathon since the weather was not summery at all. 

SATC-marathon - I actually only finished the first CD!
Last weekend, apart from the usual household duties, I did some apartment therapy, which is in fact related to my outlet shopping spree, BUT I’ll keep it until the next post ;-) Other than that I tried a cheesecake recipe (yours, J!) and altered it a little bit and it turned out surprisingly well. You know it especially, if kids like it, too!

Cheesecake
I also went out on the Reeperbahn to a small club named Superfly that played a lot of classic R&B (I like!). It was fun, since I haven’t gone out (dancing) for a while ..

@ Superfly w/ Wendy
I will actually go back home tomorrow to surprise my dad for his birthday (no, he doesn’t read my blog .. I’m not even sure, if he knows what a blog is). He has asked like three times already and I said I didn’t know or probably not :P 

Celebrating dad's bday 2009 in Paris
I will work until lunch time, then head to Düsseldorf to pick up a cake (no time for baking myself) and rush home, just in time (hopefully) to have cake with my dad before he has to go to work. I just learned that this weekend is supposed to be “Black Weekend” in Europe, since people start their vacations, head back or whatever, so I really hope this won’t affect me. However, it already concerns me that I got so many requests from fellow travelers – there were so many that I had to remove my ad. I will see .. I actually took 2 more days off to spend some time with my family. I haven’t seen my grandma in months and some family members from the US and Canada are currently in the Netherlands, so I will spend at least one day with them. 

Family reunions from the past years
I just found out, with relief, who will be my new neighbors. I live in an apartment complex for four parties, spread over three floors, of which three are currently occupied. The apartment on the first floor is connected to the one on the second floor that has been empty ever since I moved in. I also live on the second floor, which has been very quiet and peaceful. On the third floor, right above me, a guy lives, that I have only seen like twice (and I moved in almost 6 months ago), but only because his water was leaking into my bathroom (see here). I sometimes hear him .. mostly in the morning, when he starts his washing machine or in the weekend when he listens to Rihanna at 8am in the morning. :P The other apartment on the third floor is inhabited by 3 students that share the flat together, who are all very nice and I never encountered any problems with. So I was a little worried, when I saw people dismantling the whole sanitary installations and renovating all week long. Yesterday, I ran into the handyman and asked him about what was going on and apparently some kind of travel agency will move into the two-story apartment – this week already and I saw the renovation work. Good for me, since during their working hours (which are hopefully from 9 to 5), I won’t be at home anyway, so no disruption for me. :)
Update: I just googled and found the potential new neighbor, which I am almost sure it is (I’m pretty good at this) and the working hours are 9 to 7 during the week and Saturdays from 2 to 4pm, which I can live with. If I’m not mistaken, they procure holiday apartments and villas at the Mediterranean Sea.

I can’t believe, time is flying by so fast .. it’s already the last week of July! Having said this:

Life is short,
Break the rules,
Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly,
Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile!

3 comments:

  1. You're going to pick up the cake??
    There are some horrible looking pics in that family collage...at least of me! Probably have to work full-time @ MG next week, so mom's the one to join you to MtrichT1 xo cu when u get here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: And yes he has asked so many times if you are coming back home this weekend...~cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, since I ordered it & have to drop people in DD!
    Mo = Mtr, Tue -> HH!

    ReplyDelete