Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Monday blues ..

I don’t like Mondays (but at least it's over in my time zone) .. I’m always so tired, the caffeine at work doesn’t kick in and the day will just not end. Today I woke up way too late, went to the garage to get my car and when I didn’t see it, realized that I had parked it on the street. I packed my sports bag yesterday and when I was leaving work to head to the gym, I noticed that my bag was still at home. Grr .. then when I was finally at home around 9pm and grabbed for the spicery from the top cabinet whilst cooking, a sauce (sticky Vietnamese fish sauce) fell on the floor and the cap popped open and it stuck everywhere – on the floor, on the oven, on my socks .. Grrrr even more – and the best part  is that I still have not found the stupid cap yet. No idea where my head is at. BUT at least I went to the gym. I did 30min on the step and then joined a “Hot Iron”-course, which involves training the whole body with weights. It was fun, accompanied with music, but I’m sure I will have muscle ache all over the body tomorrow. I was literally out of breath after 20min, but nonetheless, I kept on for an hour. *proud*

Home-made chicken salad (after the work out today on my new plate :))
Lately, I’ve been too lazy and tired too blog (sorry, J!), especially after the 3-day weekend at home (the weekend before). The drive was good since I met three interesting passengers who kept me company on the way down. I finally had sushi (although the anticipation was too high, probably), did some retail therapy at the outlet (which I will dedicate another post to) and met with friends. The weekend was way too short and the drive back to Hamburg was exhausting by my own. Nevertheless, it fit into my hectic (work) week. 

Sushi at Naniwa, Düsseldorf

The weekend before, Uli stayed over and since she has lived here (and visited me) before, no obligated sightseeing was needed. We did some random, regular things, like dining at Das Weisse Haus, which was good, but not over the top. It's a cosy little place, which makes you feel like eating at a friend's place. Perfect place to go with a friend/Uli, but for a date it wouldn't be intimate/romantic enough, since you can look straight onto the plate of the neighbour at the next table. Also the menu is rather limited (you could only pick fish or beef as a main course) - only 2 choices for every course! We had cocktails at Die Bank afterwards, where I initially wanted to make reservations. Next time, I will definitely eat there, especially after this article. It has a really nice atmosphere and interesting little details (since it has actually been a bank before)!

Dining at Das Weisse Haus - Loup de Mer on the left // Moelleux au Chocolat with fruit sorbet and Tarte Tartin de poire with Grand Marnier brittle ice cream on the left
Drinks at Die Bank
Next time a more fashionable post ;-)

PS: I just passed my first 6-months ..
PPS: First time no first in the title!
PPPS: all pictures besides the last one were taken with my iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment