Thursday, May 19, 2011

First hosted bachelorette weekend

It’s only less than one week (actually it is only 5 days) to go until my cousin’s big day and I’m really excited for her. Last weekend we surprised her with a weekend with the bridesmaids in Hamburg. Some details on the events will come later, but some things that happened on Hamburg, will stay in Hamburg (like the grooms men swear on). But all the girls enjoyed it and the bride to be even considered it perfect! So mission accomplished. :)

On Monday and Tuesday my parents visited Hamburg (and me) with my aunt from Hong Kong and her friend, who have both never been here before. Unfortunately the weather was cold and rainy, so they couldn’t enjoy Hamburg as they should have. Everywhere they went, it rained – harbor, Reeperbahn, Jungfernstieg, etc. They have done some shopping, had seafood at the Restaurant Fischmarkt (traditional fish restaurant near the Portugiesenviertel), checked out the most important things to see (in the rain), so I guess it was okay for a short trip. 
Thai dinner @ Hafencity
There are still so many things to do and I haven’t been sleeping in (for a while) and won’t be for the next couple of weeks. Next week I will be off, so there are 2 busy work days to go. On Friday after work, I will fly home, but will leave for the Netherlands on Saturday morning to visit my cousin’s baby boy Dylano – what a special name! Maybe even another baby girl of a friend, if time allows it. 

This is the cute baby card that I still haven't received (copyright by Justine)
In the afternoon, we have to be in Rotterdam for the dress fitting. Later, a sort of rehearsal dinner with all the bridesmaids and grooms men is planned. Sunday is packed with the last preparations at the hotel and in the evening, we will head to the bride’s parent’s home to follow some Chinese traditions, like eating tang yuan and brushing the bride’s hair (I didn’t know this one). The next morning we need to get up really early – I believe around 5 am (most importantly for the bride) to get the hair and make up done, wait for the grooms men and the groom to play games with, so that they can pick up the bride. Then we rush to the city again to have a second tea ceremony, since the ceremony will start at 11am already. Everything is planned well-through by the brides pair and my sister, so we know exactly when to be where and what to do. The official reception will then start at 5pm, but there are a lot of things to be done in the meantime, like decorations, a third tea ceremony, pictures, etc. It’s gonna be a long, but for sure, fun day. On the next day I will fly to Spain to REST and SHOP and after the weekend at home, I will be driving back to Hamburg. So it’s gonna be stress for sure, but I’m looking forward to it! 

It will be 25°C next week! :)
Today I skipped squash to get another spray tan and this time I was brave and took level 2, but I have to wait 3 more hours until I can shower and I must tell, it’s darker than the last time. I will probably get a shock, when I wake up tomorrow morning. At least I have a few buffer days before the wedding. Shoes I already have, still looking for flats that I can wear in between, as well as a proper handbag/clutch to match with the lilac dress. Also, I still need to figure out with my hair. I don’t think I will pin up my hair, but probably make some water curls instead (first learn how to do so). For the rest, I also have to think of the make up .. for the boys it’s easy – they just slip into their tuxes, put away their phone/camera/money (red pockets) and done.

Anyway, I’m curious to see how everything goes and will get back to you (with more pictures) afterwards .. cross your fingers for me that everything will go smoothly, the weather is good and I will come back happy and relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment