Sunday, May 1, 2011

First healthy month


Since the wedding of my cousin is in a month, I decided to cut back on unhealthy snacking, meaning no sweets (including all kinds of candy, chocolate – and I already started before Easter, so no chocolate eggs), no chips (not that I have bought any in months), no cookies, no ice cream, no (cup)cakes, no alcohol (besides maybe the bachelorette weekend), more fruits and veggies and more sports.

Too bad I missed squash again this week .. a meeting ran way over time and therefore, I was too late .. at least I cycled to work. And I must say, I’m getting faster and faster, although much more cannot be expected, since it’s a really simple bike from the super store. ;-) Today I actually checked out a fitness center close-by (by bus, I must admit), but I am proud to say that I worked out for an hour. I did the step for 15 minutes (and burned 200kcal only) and for the rest all kinds of sports equipment to strengthen and train my muscles in the back, breast, arms, legs and stomach .. and I must say: I have no condition at all! I wonder how I can manage to play squash for 2 hours straight, but am short of breath after 15 minutes of stepping .. weird! I will challenge myself again this Wednesday! :)
No more sweets for me!
My empty fridge .. mostly yoghurt and fruit!
For the rest, I have been a little grumpy and tired these days (lack of sugar?) .. I didn’t even “dance into May”, which is a German tradition .. an excuse for Germans to party! Yesterday I spent the day with sofa-hunting (even out of Hamburg) – again no success (I guess I am too picky) and eating (of course healthy) Vietnamese summer rolls and phô. I have been buying a lot of fruit lately, but too lazy to peel the paring of pears and kiwi .. so I have been throwing everything in a blender and make smoothies out of them – yum! Oh and the weekend plan of doing nothing and resting didn’t quite work out for me .. yesterday I got thrown out of the bed at 9.30 am, because my shoes (I mentioned in the last post) arrived! They fit and are quite comfortable for 3.2” (8cm) heels, so I might keep them, although I have seen prettier and more unaffordable ones:

Boss Dixie Sandals
Then I have been on the way all day with the sister of a friend and her little daughter. I sat in a carousel (which happened to be in front of a furniture store) like 10 times, because she just couldn't get enough of it. I was kinda dizzy afterwards .. Then at a ice parlor, she wanted to get on a toy horse (where you can put money in it and it starts to run) all the time, and then off, and on .. that went like 20 times :P Maybe that's why I was so exhausted at the end of the day!

Anyway, I hope I feel better soon, since it's my favorite month! It's first of May already .. how time flies! Happy May ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Read your post while eating chips in front of my computer... *blush*...funny pics btw.
    Funny how you got dizzy from sitting in a carousel...guess you're getting old :P No more theme parks for you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Sweden, they also "dance into May"-Walpurgis celebration. Swedes need different excuses to drink and being able to socialize. =)

    http://www.thelocal.se/33508/20110501/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, carousels are nothing for people above the age of 12! Especially if you sit like 10 times in it - backwards!

    ReplyDelete