Monday, August 22, 2011

First time to the Ostsee

Just a short weekend recap since I'm exhausted!

I finally managed to go to the Ostsee (the German Baltic Sea) today! I've been to the Baltic Sea before last year on the Swedish, Finnish, Latvian and Estonian side but never in my life on the German side, although I've been living in Germany for nearly 20 years!
clockwise: the Baltic Sea in Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Latvia (I the last pic)!
The drive was a little tiring because, first, due to the Cyclassics (something like Tour de Hamburg), half of the city was blocked and I have to go throughout the whole city to get to the direction of Berlin (I went to Schwerin to pick up Uli). It took me more than 40-frickin-minutes to get out of the city .. At the end of the day, Uli and I almost covered 400km together (HH-Schwerin and back is 230km)!

We first went to Boltenhagen, a small spa town, to relax and sunbath for nearly 2 hours (yay to no sun allergies!!).

We actually had to pay a "fee" for using the beach ..

Then continued driving to the island Poel, which is a very picturesque and cute town.

Timmendorf Strand at Poel (no not Timmendorfer Strand)
I guess this is my only short get-away for now, since I am car-less from next week on. My sis will need the car for her studies and since I don't really need a car in Hamburg, she will pick it up. And my Asia vacation won't be until mid-November (still 3 looong months to go!!!). Still hoping for a spontaneous trip though .. 
***
On Saturday, I finally tried out Sushi Circle, an AYCE restaurant near the Jungfernstieg and I must say that it was better than expected. It was a rotating sushi restaurant that served other things than usual sushi restaurants (next to the basics), which was refreshing for a change and also a good alternative to Düsseldorf! 

Small selection of my countless plates ..
That's it for now .. enjoy the late summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment